For the life of me, I don’t why we waste our time praying to this god or that, paying to this therapist or that, clogging our shelves with self-help books. All we need to do is hang out with a two-year old for a morning and learn at the feet of a master. Consider these life lessons from my granddaughter Zadie and try them out:
• Run down the hall. Then run up the hall. Repeat as needed.
• Have an imaginary phone conversation on a Radio Shack timer.
• Hug someone for no apparent reason.
• Take out all the credit cards from your wallet. Leave them out.
• Sing songs at the dinner table. No memorable lyrics or repeatable tune necessary.
• Walk around in circles happily talking to yourself.
• Play piano with your stuffy Eeyore at your side.
• Lie down on a pillow and enjoy a nice warm bottle of milk.
It’s as simple as that. Try it!