• Unload the dishwasher.
• Take out the compost/ garbage/ recycling
• Sweep the floor
• Do the laundry
• Pay the bills
• Answer all e-mails
This my Sunday morning so far and how I love it. Small, manageable, doable tasks with a clear beginning and ending and a tangible result. A nice change from:
• Finish writing the book that will reform all of music education.
• Help heal 400 years of slavery in the United States.
• Get rid of the horrible, horrible person in the White House.
• Ponder the insanity of the El Paso Walmart making a memorial in their store to the people murdered there while still continuing to sell assault rifles.
• Solve climate change.
Well, we need both. But doesn’t it feel good to take the weight off the world of your shoulders for a few moments and just organize your desk? Yes, it does.