Plunged from the restless rhythms of vacation into the firestorm of school, it has been quite a week. No time for reflective blog entries, but a joyful time nonetheless. Tuesday a full day of teaching with the little darlings and an extra three hours giving an after-school workshop to teachers-in training— home at 8 pm. Wednesday yet another day of eight straight classes followed by an evening gathering of the men’s group celebrating the beginning of our 24th year of gathering. (As my mother likes to say in her talkative moments: “Imagine that!”) Thursday a replay of Tuesday with a second afternoon workshop, dinner at 8. Friday a full morning at school and then drive to San Jose to give a workshop at the CMEA Conference. Now Saturday, about to return to school to lead a six hour workshop, from there to the school Board-Staff party and then leaving early to accompany a singer on piano at a club. By all logical standards, I should be exhausted. But I’m not.
When we do whole heartedly that which we are meant to do, the things that use the full force of our passions and interests and skills, a sweet energy flows through our veins and we are carried through the day wholly alive, alert, firing on all cylinders. It’s 5 am, by my normal clock routine way too early to be up and about, but the Spirit awakened before the Body and like a kid on Christmas morning, is shouting, “Let’s go!” When we’re in the groove, set down by Grace into the zone, busyness is not business but the eternal delight of feeling needed and useful and happy for the chance to do that which brings us and others happiness at the same time. Body and Soul are in perfect alignment, the delicious rhythms of the day carry us through like a jazz drummer on the high throne and you can feel all the invisible ones shouting from the audience, “Yeah, man! You go!” William Blake captured it all in his epic poem “The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.”
All Bibles or sacred codes have been the causes of the following Errors.
- That Man has two real existing principles Viz: a Body & a Soul.
- That Energy, call'd Evil, is alone from the Body, & that Reason, call'd Good, is alone from the Soul.
- That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his Energies.
But the following Contraries to these are True
- Man has no Body distinct from his Soul for that call'd Body is a portion of Soul discern'd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.
- Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
- Energy is Eternal Delight