Thanks to vegetarianism, it looks like I’ll be around to see tomorrow. Cooking home alone, I sampled a piece of tofu and it definitely went down the wrong place and I started choking. That scary moment when you’re gasping for breath and no one around for the Heimlich maneuver. In those few seconds, remembering the story of my wife’s grandfather dying from choking on a piece of meat.
But even though it was firm tofu, I knew it couldn’t cause too much damage and my mostly vegetarian lifestyle was affirmed. I’m looking forward to tomorrow.