I had this radical thought arriving at the northern Michigan summer place—maybe I should retire from being my own publicity agent. Stop telling people to check out my movie or books or podcast or blog or CD and just embrace the truths that:
1) No one really cares that much.
2) I should stop identifying my work with my worth.
3) I should enjoy the moments with people and not ruin them by telling them about any or all of the above.
4) I might even consider not posting my travels, courses, new books, etc. on Facebook. Gasp!
I often amend the Ghana proverb of “A good soup needs no advertising” with another partial truth: “But people who would like it need to know where and when its being served.” That’s my justification.
But maybe I’ll just try seeing what it’s like without me shining the spotlight on it all. Just go down to the beach and read and play cornhole and swim without telling the world about it. Even though I just did!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.