In honor of today’s date, a once-only in human history music class:
• Say those numbers out loud to the beat—0-2-2-2-2-0-2-2
• Get a friend to join you with another way to write today’s date—2-2-2-2-2
• Join the two rhythms together and continue speaking the two ostinai:
Part 1) 0-2-2-2-/ 2-0-2-2 / 0-2-2-2-/ 2-0-2-2 / 0-2-2-2-/ 2-0-2-2 / 0-2-2-2-/ 2-0-2-2 /
Part 2) 2-2-2-2-/2 * * * / 2-2-2-2-/2 * * * /2-2-2-2-/2 * * * /2-2-2-2-/2 * * * /
• Perform above as body percussion: 0= stamp 2= clap * = snap
• Play as above while speaking numbers
• Get a third person to recite the following poem over the above ostinato:
Two tutors who tooted the flute * *
Tried to tutor two tutors to toot * *
Said the two to the tutors, ‘tis easier to toot
Or to tutor two tutors to toot? * *
• Transfer all of the above to percussion instruments.
Check back in on 02/22/2222.