Those of us who came of age in the 60’s are now in our 60’s (and 70’s). And so the songs that we once sung have a different meaning. Here are some new versions:
• Will You Still Feed Me Tomorrow?
• Where Is My Fortune
• Where Have All My Flowers Gone?
• I Can’t See Clearly Now
• I Felt Good
• Mild Thing
• Waking Up Is Hard to Do
• My Baby Wipes Me with her Hanky
• Early Morning Pain
• I Know where the Time Goes… you can count it in my wrinkles and belly inches
• Lean on You… please, I forgot my cane
• Sugar Free Captain Crunch… well, make that Captain Munch
And then the same titles with new meanings.
• Ain’t Too Proud to Beg… please don’t send me to that senior home!
• Yesterday is so much larger than Tomorrow!
• I I Fell… hope I have my pager alarm with me
• So Far Away… where the hell are my kids?
• No Particular Place to Go… they got that right
• Great Balls of Fire… that describes my Migraine
• Whole Lot of Shaking Going On… never thought this was about Parkinson’s until now
• The Little Old lady from Pasadena… is my wife.
Once again, feel free to add your own.